Cleaning Tile Grout

You know how it's late at night, and you're on Pinterest, and you see a pin about an amazing cleaning remedy, you decide to try it the next day, and it doesn't work?  Well, let me tell you about my latest breakthrough.

 


Today I had a day without the girls.  I spent the first 5 hours running a billion errands.  At noon, (I was up at 5am to bring Mark to the carpool) I decided to turbo through some house work.  On my 'to-do' list was to try this Pinterest idea about cleaning tile grout.

These were the only two things needed:


See how nasty those grout lines are?  Yuck!  I made a paste out of bleach and baking soda, let it soak for 10 minutes, then wiped it off.


LOOK!  It worked!!


Before and after:
 

Okay, that was one Pinterest idea worth re-pinning.

The rest of the afternoon I painted my front entryway.  It's now white.  I will share the details of that later.  But for now, I'll leave you with a heart-warming picture of Mark and Tyler hanging my new (old) chandelier.


It was heavy.  And awkward.  Mark was holding it up while Tyler attached the wires.  And no, he's not getting electrocuted - it's the light on the drill.  We're not that cruel to our tenants ;)

1 comment:

  1. Those tiles look great! That cleaning remedy is definitely one trustworthy pin on pinterest. Cleaning tile grouts have always been hard work and you made it seem all so easy. I like how it only involves basic home ingredients and no scrubbing. Now that’s promising.

    Gail Wallace

    ReplyDelete