Soldier Blue Buffet

 My husband is still laid-off, which has given me complete project freedom.  I do so love working on projects.  He loves helping me with them.  For each piece, I have the vision on my mind, and we worked together until it all comes together.



The other night, I went out to Brantford to pick up two pieces.  This was one of them.  It came from this lovely older couple who lived in a mansion and were trying to downsize.  This buffet had been in the family for decades.  So naturally, I told them I would love it always, and didn't mention I was going to paint it.






I have to show off the finish Mark did on the top.  He sanded it down on Thursday (in the - 25 weather).  It came out absolutely perfect.
 

You can purchase Soldier Blue Milk Paint here.


 I shared this video on my facebook page this week.  My little girls copy everything I do.  I'm in big trouble.  They go around the house attacking furniture and walls with pencils and screwdrivers.  I need summer to come so I can take it all back outside!



 Mark built two shelves in the garage out of a leftover barn beam we had for our kitchen reno.  We're using them to display all our milk paint.




Well, the hubs just brought in another hutch.  Better get painting!
  photo Signature1_zpsbcc8806f.png

No comments:

Post a Comment