Silk Screen Buffet

 This week I thought I'd try something new - silk screening.  I had the perfect candidate for it - this beautiful antique buffet.  The finish on it was in pretty good condition, but the top of the buffet had a little wear and damage on it.  So I didn't feel bad painting it.


Here it is before. Pretty gorgeous, eh?  (Trust me - you can't see the damage on the top - but it's there!)



Not as gorgeous as this, though.



Here was my inspiration...
(Thanks Miss Mustard Seed!)


The details came out beautifully.



So what did I use?  I went to Michael's, and picked up Martha Stewart's Silk Screen Exotic Blooms Stencil.
 

They are a simple piece of reusable sticky plastic, with some sort of screening over it. 



 You just stick it on the piece, dab at it (with very little paint on your brush), and peel it off when the paint is still wet.  Then you wash it, and you can reuse it as many times as you like.


Voila! 


Every detail came through so perfectly.




The top view...


Sitting pretty in my garage studio...
 


Well, that's two blog posts in one day.  You can tell when I have someone watching the girls :)

  photo Signature1_zpsbcc8806f.png

Furniture Feature Fridays

http://romantichome.blogspot.ca/

2 comments:

  1. That came out so pretty! Love that! But I don't know what the difference is between it and a stencil. Hmmmmm. BTW, I see your antique hutch off to the right of the pic. I just finished one almost identical to yours in milk paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous!! What beautiful work, thank you so much for sharing at Redoux!

    ReplyDelete