Side-of-the-road find: A retro buffet & hutch

As you all know, my husband Mark is the champion at finding things on the side of the road.  "Ohhhh" you say, "You're so lucky to find such gorgeous pieces".  No - these pieces are not gorgeous when they come to me.  See - look!

This melamine panelled buffet is in it's true retro glory.  It has all of 1 handle in tack.  You can't tell me this is pretty.  

 

But ah!  Just add some Homestead Blue Milk Paint, and she's the prettiest piece in the shop.


 You know those 'permanent garage sales' people have on King street in Hamilton?  It was at one of those where Mark found this hardware.  A whole box of it - for $1.  Don't just whiz on by - you never know what you'll find!

I refinished it with the silver gilding wax.


The only thing this piece has going for it is the scrolling detail on the doors.


I have a similar piece in our baby room.  It has proven to be so useful.  It provides extra seating, while serving as storage for diapers, clothes and toys.
 

See?  Here it is.


Tomorrow I am a bridesmaid in my friend, Andrea's wedding.  We've been friends for almost 20 years, which makes me feel a little old.  All the girls are wearing mint green dresses.  It's going to be so beautiful, and I can hardly wait.  Today we are decorating the hall, getting prepared for the festivities and rehearsing.  I will share photos with you all next post :) 

 photo Signature1_zpsbcc8806f.png

1 comment:

  1. Jen I love what you did with the buffet! it's gorgeous! I'm sure it was a lot of work but you did an awesome job:) Have fun at Andrea's wedding:)

    ReplyDelete