Upper Canada Sideboard

Easter is past, and it's back to work for all.  My garage is bursting at the seams with projects, so I was pretty excited to get going this week.  I decided to kick start with this charming buffet.







The colour I chose was "Upper Canada" by Homestead House Milk Paint Co.  It turned out to be a lovely yellowish green colour.  It's perfect for Spring!



Here is the before picture:


And after.


This piece originally had a hutch with a mirror on top - but it was in awful condition, and the mirror was all cracked.  I removed it, took off the top of the buffet, and slid it back so that it works now as just a simple piece.


The lovely tulips were a gift from my sister-in-law, Andrea.  She has great taste :)


The finish on this piece is a polycrylic.  I was so nervous about using it - but it turned out stunning.  Not only is it beautiful, it's so much more durable.  I may use it on more pieces.


Doesn't this piece just cry garden decor?  I think it would be lovely in a sunroom of sorts.  A true shabby chic buffet!

And just a little clip from our Easter weekend.  We had all the Vanderherberg's come to our house for Good Friday, and it was such a lovely day.  Here's a picture of all the cousins.  Very challenging to get them all posed - so this is as good as it gets!


And all of us around our super supper table.


(Totally cut off William, and Caroline is MIA!)

Michael, Andrea and William slept over, and William was loving on his cousins early the next morning.


And finally, on Thursday night, I got a new nephew - my 6th nephew!  Tyler James - 4 weeks early, but still a whopping 7lbs 4oz.  My sister and her husband live in Ottawa so I haven't met the little guy, but here's a picture.


Ethan's a proud big brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment