Freebie Finds - My Teal Dresser

The Dresser Before
My husband likes to pick up junk off the side of the road.  It use to be metal, and he'd take it to the scrap yard for a few dollars.  Now it's furniture.  He's convinced I can transform and sell anything he finds.  I have to give him credit, because he's usually right. Well the other day this is what he picked up.  I thought it was butt ugly, and didn't want anything to do with it.  But, it was taking up room in our garage, so I finally committed to it.  I'm glad I did, because I love the way it turned out and decided to keep it.



The Dresser After
I've been slowly transforming our loft into a guest bedroom.  I found this awesome vintage-inspired duvet cover at Ikea for$15, and decided that would be my 'jumping off' point.  (yes, I've been watching faaarrr too much Sarah Richardson!)  The teal colour matches the duvet quite nicely.  I primed it with some of my leftover 'cover stain', painted it Martha Stewart's 'Artisan Well', and finished it in a satin polyurathane.  Gooorrrrgeous.


I spray painted the handles in a Rustoleum gloss white.  I think they look pretty darn cute against the light teal!